Why is it when you can’t have something, you want it the most? Yesterday I was under the weather therefore I didn’t eat much. So by 8pm I was incredibly hungry. Of Course the only thing that sounded good was a cookie. I gave in. One cookie. Not even a normal cookie, it was a “healthy” cookie with flax seed and whole oats. And yet it was like the most amazing thing I have ever tasted. And then suddenly I was overcome with the urge to eat about 10 more. I didn’t. Honestly I’m slightly amazed at my willpower! Even now as I sit here typing I am resisting the urge to go and eat another one! In fact this cookie was so good that while I was eating it I wanted to give up on this whole thing and just forget it! How could one, not even that delicious, cookie have that kind of power? I used to think I had a normal, healthy relationship with food. But now I’m finding, food has fooled me.
Day 4 Journal:
- Workout: 30 min cardio with NTC App.
- Breakfast: Poached egg on avocado toast
- Snack: Almonds & jerky
- Lunch: Salad with grilled chicken
- Dinner: Cauliflower Pizza
- Water Intake: 32oz
Day 5 Journal:
- Workout: Off Day
- Breakfast: Ginger, Banana and kale smoothie
- Lunch: Hummus plate
- Dinner: Thai Chicken & Coconut Salad
- Snack: Oatmeal and flax seed cookie
- Water Intake: 40oz
Day 6 Journal:
- Workout: Elliptical plus Ab workout
- Breakfast: Oatmeal
- Snack: Coconut & almond protein bar
- Lunch: Chicken and Black Bean Burrito
- Dinner: Salmon, Sweet potato & Broccoli
- Water Intake: 30oz
Thoughts: I just want a damn cookie.
Well the holidays have come and gone. With all the traveling and parties let’s just say health wise I have been left feeling like blah. So I decided to create a challenge for myself for the month of February. This challenge is something I came up with on my own. It’s not a diet, more of a lifestyle
change adjustment. I took a few principles from several articles I have read lately and this is what I came up with. I am actually pretty excited about it. The challenge is outlined below and I’m going to use my blog as a journal to keep me accountable. Feel free to try it with me but just know I am not a dietitian and I am not claiming in any way that this challenge will give you any results.
Fit & Fabulous February Challenge:
- Low Sugar
- Low Carbs
- Minimally Processed Foods
- Lots of protien
- Lots of vegetables
Weekly Workout Program:
- Two 30-45 minute workouts a week using my Nike Training Club App (NTC)
- Two 30-45 minute sessions on my elliptical a week
- One 15 minute yoga session a week
- One glass of lemon water every morning 30 minutes before eating
- No carbs after 3pm
- Only water after 3pm
- Drink at least 40 ounces of water a day
- No eating after 6pm on week nights
- No eating after 7pm on weekends
- Complete Challenge Journal every evening but no counting calories
- Take a Probiotic every evening
- No soda
- No alcohol
- Eat more whole foods throughout my week and less processed junk
- Eat more veggies
- Kick my diet soda habit
- Exercise Regularly
- Increase my energy levels
- More restful sleep at night
- Increase water intake
- Reduce bloat
- Better my digestion
- Tone my muscles, especially my mid-section
- loose 4 to 5 pounds
So there it is! That is the challenge! Again you are more then welcome to do this with me if you would like. Here is a few things you should know.
-I will be Starting February 1st-March 1st. It is a leap year so that makes 30 days.
-My main goal in doing this is NOT to loose weight. I am expecting that I might loose a few pounds but not a ton. This for me is more about adjusting some bad habits I have developed.
-When I say no carbs after 3pm I mainly mean no grains, sweets and fruit. A lot of what we eat has carbohydrates. Some are bad and some are good. Veggies and beans have carbohydrates but they also contain a lot of good things like fiber and nutrients, so I will continue to eat those after 3pm. Fruit has fiber and nutrients as well, but contains a lot of sugar which is why I won’t be eating after 3pm.
-This will not work if you eat terrible all morning and then start eating good at 3pm. So although the only thing I am cutting out of my diet completely for the month is soda and alcohol, I will be limiting things like sweets, fast food, sugary cereals, microwavable meals and unhealthy things like that.
-Also when I do eat grains I will only be eating 100% whole grains. This means 100% whole wheat bread, brown rice and whole oats. No white flour.
-All of my workouts will be from home. If it was warmer I would include some outdoor runs and hikes but alas it’s freezing and I hate being cold. I get my workouts through a free app called Nike Training Club (NTC). It is specifically for women but I’m sure men can do it too. You can customize it and create your own program which is pretty awesome! It’s my new favorite workout app!
At the end of the month I will let you guys know how it worked!