Are Great Northern Beans bad you? Why? They have fiber, protein, iron. I know they are not Paleo friendly… Theses are the things I struggle with. To eat beans or not to eat beans that is the question.
- Workout: 30min strength & toning session plus a 20min walk with the kids
- Breakfast: Banana, Ginger and Spinach Smoothie
- Snack: Protein Bar
- Lunch: Cashew Chicken Salad
- Dinner: White Bean, Salsa Verde Chicken Chili
- Water Intake: 32oz
Thoughts: So we are just a little past the half way mark for my challenge. I’ll be honest the best part about this so far is finding out I can make low carb dinners that are easy and delicious! And not only has my veggie intake increased but my husband and kids are eating more veggies as well which is awesome! I really feel I can keep this up after this over.
You guys Sriracha Hummus is a thing and it’s SO good!!!
And yes I did take a bite out of my wrap before I took this pic.. You see I hadn’t planned on blogging about this until I tried this and realized it might just be my favorite new lunch!!!!
If you like sriracha and hummus and you live near Trader Joe’s then run there right now and get some of this right away!!!
Okay enough of my raving here is the recipe:
- One 100% whole wheat tortilla
- Sriracha Hummus
- Sliced Turkey
- Sliced Cucumber
- Sliced Red Pepper
- Feta Cheese
- 1 Tsp Red wine vinegar (optional)
- Pepper to taste (optional)
Lay out your tortilla and spread some hummus on one side. Arrange your turkey, spinach, sliced red pepper, cucumber and sprinkle with feta. I sprinkled about a teaspoon of red wine vinegar over every thing and added some cracked pepper before I rolled up my wrap.
That’s it! Enjoy!
Fit & Fabulous February: Day 15
- Workout: 2miles on the elliptical
- Breakfast: Blueberry Oatmeal
- Snack: Cheese stick and roasted seaweed
- Lunch: Sriracha Hummus Turkey Wrap
- Snack: Greek Yogurt
- Dinner: Greek Grilled Chicken Salad
- Water Intake: 32oz
Thoughts: So I
might totally cheated this weekend while out with friends and indulged in a milkshake and fries at like 10pm. And you know what while it tasted good going down I felt so sick afterward. Needless to say lesson learned.