Why is it when you can’t have something, you want it the most? Yesterday I was under the weather therefore I didn’t eat much. So by 8pm I was incredibly hungry. Of Course the only thing that sounded good was a cookie. I gave in. One cookie. Not even a normal cookie, it was a “healthy” cookie with flax seed and whole oats. And yet it was like the most amazing thing I have ever tasted. And then suddenly I was overcome with the urge to eat about 10 more. I didn’t. Honestly I’m slightly amazed at my willpower! Even now as I sit here typing I am resisting the urge to go and eat another one! In fact this cookie was so good that while I was eating it I wanted to give up on this whole thing and just forget it! How could one, not even that delicious, cookie have that kind of power? I used to think I had a normal, healthy relationship with food. But now I’m finding, food has fooled me.
Day 4 Journal:
- Workout: 30 min cardio with NTC App.
- Breakfast: Poached egg on avocado toast
- Snack: Almonds & jerky
- Lunch: Salad with grilled chicken
- Dinner: Cauliflower Pizza
- Water Intake: 32oz
Day 5 Journal:
- Workout: Off Day
- Breakfast: Ginger, Banana and kale smoothie
- Lunch: Hummus plate
- Dinner: Thai Chicken & Coconut Salad
- Snack: Oatmeal and flax seed cookie
- Water Intake: 40oz
Day 6 Journal:
- Workout: Elliptical plus Ab workout
- Breakfast: Oatmeal
- Snack: Coconut & almond protein bar
- Lunch: Chicken and Black Bean Burrito
- Dinner: Salmon, Sweet potato & Broccoli
- Water Intake: 30oz
Thoughts: I just want a damn cookie.