Hello Hello! Let’s get to it shall we, here’s my journal for the day.
- Workout: Off Day
- Breakfast: Mixed Berry & Kale Smoothie
- Lunch: Leftover Taco Salad
- Dinner: Sauteed Chicken Sausage (minimally processed from Trader Joe’s) & Veggies
- Water Intake: 32oz
Thoughts: I went the whole day without eating bread or grains which was unintentional but I didn’t even notice! My energy levels were pretty good throughout the day. I didn’t feel the need to snack, so I didn’t. I still thought about the fact that I can’t have a coke zero. 😦 But all in all I would say today was a much better day! Woop, Woop.
If you would like to know more about Fit & Fabulous February, click here.
Well today was day one of my February challenge. I would love to say it was all sunshine and roses, but it wasn’t. No literally, it wasn’t. It snowed all day. But yes as promised in my original post, see here, below is a journal of my day. Enjoy.
- Workout: 30 min cardio with my Nike Training Club App.
- Breakfast: Non-fat Greek yogurt with a little granola & half a banana
- Lunch: Half a Tuna sandwich on whole wheat, a handful of almonds, cheese stick & an apple.
- Snack: Minimally processed turkey jerky and wasabi roasted seaweed.
- Dinner: Cauliflower, chicken fried rice. (the rice part is actually chopped cauliflower)
- Water Intake: 48oz
Thoughts: Okay so today was my first day without a coke zero in probably 8 months (several months ago I tried to quit but fell off the wagon) AND IT WAS SO HARD. It literally was all I could think about all day! I have always told people and myself that I was only slightly addicted to Coke Zero, that I could quit anytime I wanted. I only drank one a day, maybe two. Clearly I was delusional and I had no idea that I am, without a doubt, totally addicted to this stuff. My workout was difficult because the last time I worked out was over two weeks ago. And while my brain felt clear and awake, it was like my body felt a whole step behind all day. I had a horrible headache by 3pm and all I wanted to do was drown my sorrow in Oreo Cookies. But I managed to stay strong! I made it! And even tho it’s only the first day I feel pretty proud of myself. Here’s hoping tomorrow is a much better experience.
Well the holidays have come and gone. With all the traveling and parties let’s just say health wise I have been left feeling like blah. So I decided to create a challenge for myself for the month of February. This challenge is something I came up with on my own. It’s not a diet, more of a lifestyle
change adjustment. I took a few principles from several articles I have read lately and this is what I came up with. I am actually pretty excited about it. The challenge is outlined below and I’m going to use my blog as a journal to keep me accountable. Feel free to try it with me but just know I am not a dietitian and I am not claiming in any way that this challenge will give you any results.
Fit & Fabulous February Challenge:
- Low Sugar
- Low Carbs
- Minimally Processed Foods
- Lots of protien
- Lots of vegetables
Weekly Workout Program:
- Two 30-45 minute workouts a week using my Nike Training Club App (NTC)
- Two 30-45 minute sessions on my elliptical a week
- One 15 minute yoga session a week
- One glass of lemon water every morning 30 minutes before eating
- No carbs after 3pm
- Only water after 3pm
- Drink at least 40 ounces of water a day
- No eating after 6pm on week nights
- No eating after 7pm on weekends
- Complete Challenge Journal every evening but no counting calories
- Take a Probiotic every evening
- No soda
- No alcohol
- Eat more whole foods throughout my week and less processed junk
- Eat more veggies
- Kick my diet soda habit
- Exercise Regularly
- Increase my energy levels
- More restful sleep at night
- Increase water intake
- Reduce bloat
- Better my digestion
- Tone my muscles, especially my mid-section
- loose 4 to 5 pounds
So there it is! That is the challenge! Again you are more then welcome to do this with me if you would like. Here is a few things you should know.
-I will be Starting February 1st-March 1st. It is a leap year so that makes 30 days.
-My main goal in doing this is NOT to loose weight. I am expecting that I might loose a few pounds but not a ton. This for me is more about adjusting some bad habits I have developed.
-When I say no carbs after 3pm I mainly mean no grains, sweets and fruit. A lot of what we eat has carbohydrates. Some are bad and some are good. Veggies and beans have carbohydrates but they also contain a lot of good things like fiber and nutrients, so I will continue to eat those after 3pm. Fruit has fiber and nutrients as well, but contains a lot of sugar which is why I won’t be eating after 3pm.
-This will not work if you eat terrible all morning and then start eating good at 3pm. So although the only thing I am cutting out of my diet completely for the month is soda and alcohol, I will be limiting things like sweets, fast food, sugary cereals, microwavable meals and unhealthy things like that.
-Also when I do eat grains I will only be eating 100% whole grains. This means 100% whole wheat bread, brown rice and whole oats. No white flour.
-All of my workouts will be from home. If it was warmer I would include some outdoor runs and hikes but alas it’s freezing and I hate being cold. I get my workouts through a free app called Nike Training Club (NTC). It is specifically for women but I’m sure men can do it too. You can customize it and create your own program which is pretty awesome! It’s my new favorite workout app!
At the end of the month I will let you guys know how it worked!