Well today was day one of my February challenge. I would love to say it was all sunshine and roses, but it wasn’t. No literally, it wasn’t. It snowed all day. But yes as promised in my original post, see here, below is a journal of my day. Enjoy.
- Workout: 30 min cardio with my Nike Training Club App.
- Breakfast: Non-fat Greek yogurt with a little granola & half a banana
- Lunch: Half a Tuna sandwich on whole wheat, a handful of almonds, cheese stick & an apple.
- Snack: Minimally processed turkey jerky and wasabi roasted seaweed.
- Dinner: Cauliflower, chicken fried rice. (the rice part is actually chopped cauliflower)
- Water Intake: 48oz
Thoughts: Okay so today was my first day without a coke zero in probably 8 months (several months ago I tried to quit but fell off the wagon) AND IT WAS SO HARD. It literally was all I could think about all day! I have always told people and myself that I was only slightly addicted to Coke Zero, that I could quit anytime I wanted. I only drank one a day, maybe two. Clearly I was delusional and I had no idea that I am, without a doubt, totally addicted to this stuff. My workout was difficult because the last time I worked out was over two weeks ago. And while my brain felt clear and awake, it was like my body felt a whole step behind all day. I had a horrible headache by 3pm and all I wanted to do was drown my sorrow in Oreo Cookies. But I managed to stay strong! I made it! And even tho it’s only the first day I feel pretty proud of myself. Here’s hoping tomorrow is a much better experience.