You know when life get’s crazy busy and it’s really hard to get a full date night in but you know you really need one! This was my hubby and I recently so we decided to sneak away just for a couple hours and do a little day date. Even though it was short it was a nice little breather together.
We went downtown for drinks and an appetizer. It was 2 in the afternoon so it wasn’t crowded. We took advantage of the beautiful weather and sat outside.
Personally, I feel, no matter how busy life gets, time together is so important even if it’s not your typical date night. Here are five of our favorite non “date night” activities:
- Having a day drink at local restaurant (make it some place unique)
- drive around and check out some open houses, its like a free parade of homes (even if they are out of your price range or you don’t intend on buying)
- go grocery shopping together, make the normal things a date. Grab some frozen yogurt beforehand.
- Put the kids to sleep and do a movie night complete with snacks and popcorn just for the two of you
- Just stop and watch the sunset together even if it’s from your backyard